Your home is likely the largest single investment you will make. Be sure it is covered correctly. Coverage and program choices go far beyond just choosing a company and a coverage limit for your house.
With “increased cost of construction” endorsements, some policies give you an extra cushion of protection, even if the cost to rebuild your home exceeds the current policy limit.
If you own a condominium or rent, special coverage forms are available to you too.
What about what’s inside your house? Discuss your property needs with one of our agents to find if you require special coverage for jewelry, fine arts & collectibles, guns, business property, recreational vehicles, or other items that make your needs unique.
- In-home business? We can cover that!
- Life & disability coverage for your mortgage?We can do that, too.
- Flood insurance? Even if you aren’t in a flood plain, it’s something to consider.
- High liability limits? A personal umbrella to accompany your homeowners policy is a great idea.
About Home, Condominium, Town Home & Mobile Home Owners Insurance
Homeowners insurance is a protection for the covered perils and is a package policy. Standard policies insure the home and personal property. The policy covers damage to the property and liability or legal responsibility for injuries and property damage that may be caused by the homeowner or a family member to other people as well as damage caused by household pets. Some disaster damages are not covered. For and example, two separate policies are needed for flood and earthquake coverage.
Homeowners Insurance Policy Covers:
- Damage to the dwelling and other structures on the property
- Personal property
- Smoke & fire damage
- Theft & Vandalism
- Fire and lightning
- Personal liability – if someone is injured on the property
Renters Insurance protects your personal property and legal liability as listed above but DOES NOT COVER THE DWELLING.
Examples of Personal Dwelling coverage:
- Mobile Homes – Manufactured
- Personal property